TalkToMeInKorean is the number-one Korean online learning platform based in Korea, and we have published more than 1,000 lessons on our official website. We aim to provide Korean learning materials that will help you speak natural Korean and stay motivated to learn.
What Can You Do Through this Course?
- Learn all the official rules of Korean Pronunciation
- Learn and practice Korean phrases that learners find difficult to distinguish or pronounce
- Practice along with a native speaker to improve your pronunciation
- Take quizzes designed to improve your listening and help you differentiate sounds
Who is this Course for?
- from upper beginners to advanced learners
- Those who want to know all the complicated Korean pronunciation rules in one course
- Those who are curious about Korean words and phrases that are pronounced differently from what you've learned
- Those who want to speak more naturally, like native speakers
What Can You Find inside the Course?
- A total of 25 video lessons
- A PDF file
Lecturers: Cassie Casper, Kyung-hwa Sun
TRAILER & SAMPLE VIDEO LESSON
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Form sounds in Korean the same way as native speakers
- Pronounce words properly just by reading the written form
- Improve your pronunciation and sound more natural when speaking
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Lesson 1 - Diphthongs: Why don't Koreans pronounce 의 as 의?
Lesson 2 - Long/Short Vowel Sounds: Are 눈(snow) and 눈(eye) pronounced differently?
Lesson 3 - Batchim: 빋 = 빗 = 빚 = 빛 = 빝 = 빟
Lesson 4 - Compound Consonants as Batchim: Should I pronounce the ㄹ or ㄱ in 읽다?
Lesson 5 - Assimilation Part 1: 닫히다 and 다치다 are pronounced exactly the same way.
Lesson 6 - Assimilation Part 2: ㄴ always becomes ㄹ when it's with ㄹ.
Lesson 7 - Fortition Part 1: Why is 박주연 pronounced 박쭈연?
Lesson 8 - Fortition Part 2: Why is 갈 거예요 pronounced 갈 꺼예요?
Lesson 9 - ㄴ Insertion: Why isn't 꽃잎 pronounced 꼬칲?
Lesson 10 - ㅅ Insertion: Why isn't 나뭇잎 pronounced 나무싶?
Lesson 11 - Ending Consonant Sounds: Ignore the romanizations.
Lesson 12 - ㄴ vs N
Lesson 13 -ㄹ vs L
Lesson 14 -ㄷ vs D
Lesson 15 - Differentiating ㅈ, ㅊ, and ㅉ
Lesson 16 - Differentiating ㄱ, ㅋ, and ㄲ
Lesson 17 - Differentiating ㅂ, ㅍ, and ㅃ
Lesson 18 - Differentiating ㅅ and ㅆ
Lesson 19 - Differentiating ㄷ, ㅌ, and ㄸ
Lesson 20 - 오 vs 어
Lesson 21 - 요 vs 여
Lesson 22 - 으 vs 우
Lesson 23 - When Spelling and Pronunciation Are Different
Lesson 24 - English Loan Words
Lesson 25 - Korean Words English Speakers Know
* Any questions about our books? Check out our FAQ page!
* Please be sure to also read our return policy here.