From upper beginners to advanced learners
What can you achieve through this course?
- Learn all the official rules of Korean pronunciation
- Learn the correct pronunciation of words or phrases that Korean learners often make mistakes when pronouncing
- Practice along with a native speaker to improve your pronunciation
- Take quizzes designed to advance your listening and help you differentiate sounds
Trailer + Sample lesson
What can you find inside the course?
- 25 video lessons
- A PDF file of lesson notes
"Hands down the best money I spent on TTMIK products. I learned so much. (Rather I had to unlearn things to relearn them.) While I may not say everything correctly 100% of the time yet since I am still memorizing all the rules and still training myself to forget what I was taught before, I have noticed I am starting to hear the sounds (or what letter they are pronounced like) correctly more often than I was before. Plus when I forget a rule while I'm studying and the word I hear sounds different from what I said I now understand why and I know there is just a rule there that I just need more practice with. It is a much better and more reassuring situation than before where someone was telling me "this is how this one word is pronounced but that is all you're going to get for this lesson. figure the rest out for yourself." Thank you TTMIK."
"Love these. The videos are actually enjoyable to watch and make studying fun. Honestly! It's like lightbulbs flashing on when I learn the mysteries of when things don't sound like they're written. Everyone should watch this. You'll save yourself a LOT of confusion and stress."
Table of contents
- Diphthongs: Why don't Koreans pronounce 의 as 의?
- Long/Short Vowel Sounds: Are 눈(snow) and 눈(eye) pronounced differently?
- Batchim: 빋 = 빗 = 빚 = 빛 = 빝 = 빟
- Compound Consonants as Batchim: Should I pronounce the ㄹ or ㄱ in 읽다?
- Assimilation Part 1: 닫히다 and 다치다 are pronounced exactly the same way.
- Assimilation Part 2: ㄴ always becomes ㄹ when it's with ㄹ.
- Fortition Part 1: Why is 박주연 pronounced 박쭈연?
- Fortition Part 2: Why is 갈 거예요 pronounced 갈 꺼예요?
- ㄴ Insertion: Why isn't 꽃잎 pronounced 꼬칲?
- ㅅ Insertion: Why isn't 나뭇잎 pronounced 나무싶?
- Ending Consonant Sounds: Ignore the romanizations.
- ㄴ vs N
- ㄹ vs L
- ㄷ vs D
- Differentiating ㅈ, ㅊ, and ㅉ
- Differentiating ㄱ, ㅋ, and ㄲ
- Differentiating ㅂ, ㅍ, and ㅃ
- Differentiating ㅅ and ㅆ
- Differentiating ㄷ, ㅌ, and ㄸ
- 오 vs 어
- 요 vs 여
- 으 vs 우
- When Spelling and Pronunciation Are Different
- English Loan Words
- Korean Words English Speakers Know